Pursuant to California law, we are providing additional information to California residents. Please read this information together with our Privacy & Cookie Notice.
Under California law, certain organizations need to disclose whether the following categories of “personal information” are collected or disclosed for an organization’s “business purpose” as those terms are defined under California law. Below please find the categories of personal information about California residents that we collect or disclose to third parties or service providers. Note that while a category may be included below that does not necessarily mean that we have or collect information in that category about you. The personal information we collect depends on the nature of our interaction with you and the Services you may use. For example, while we collect credit card numbers for customers who purchase certain solutions, we do not collect or transfer credit card numbers of individuals that submit questions on our website’s “contact us” page. We do not sell personal information.
|Category of personal information collected||Categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information for a business purpose|
|Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.*||
|Financial information such as credit card number, debit card number or bank account number||
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law||
|Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement.||
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||
|Professional or employment-related information||
|Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).||
- Direct interactions, such as, when you register for our Services or make a purchase
- Data from third parties, such as, information on third-party websites or other information you may have made publicly available or information provided by third party sources, including but not limited to government entities and data resellers
- Automated tracking technologies, such as, information automatically collected about your interaction with our Services and websites using various technologies such as cookies, web logs and beacons and internet tags
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity,
- Detecting and repairing errors,
- Performing services on behalf of other businesses,
- Processing or fulfilling orders and transactions,
- Processing payments,
- Providing advertising or marketing,
- Conducting internal research for product and service development, and
- Improving, upgrading, and enhancing our services.
- organizations involved in business transfers, e.g. to a purchaser or successor entity in the event of a sale or any other corporate transaction involving some or all of our business;
- other parties, e.g. as needed for external audit, compliance, risk management, corporate development and/or corporate governance related matters,
- business partners as directed by an individual, or as needed to process an individual’s request; and
- governmental authorities and regulators, as required under applicable law.
- By Phone: 1-800-234-1660
- By Email: Customer.Service@wolterskluwer.com
If we receive a request from an authorized agent, we have the right to verify with the data subject that the data subject indeed wants to take the action requested by the agent and will do so by contacting the data subject directly.
Effective July 15, 2021