About the Connected Casebook
In July 2014, Wolters Kluwer Legal Education announced the launch of the Connected Casebook, a major new initiative intended to significantly advance the effectiveness of core law school learning materials.The Connected Casebook is currently available for 14 titles and expanding across the balance of the list in forthcoming years. It combines a hardcover or looseleaf textbook with a new, powerful online learning tool. Accessible on computers and tablets, www.casebookconnect.com delivers a fully integrated suite of tools that respond to the broad range of demands students face in rigorous law school classrooms, including
- an ebook component, where students can read, search, highlight, and annotate the full text of their casebook;
- a study center component, where students have access to thousands of video and text explanations of difficult concepts, assessment questions, practice essays, as well as hypothetical and issue-spotting exercises; and
- an outline component, where students can quickly create effective course-long outlines, directly integrating excerpts and notes from the textbook.
Designed in collaboration with hundreds of faculty and students, the Connected Casebook is a significant advance in the legal education learning tools available to students.
About Legal Education @ Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer's Legal Education group, a unit of Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, is a leading publisher of teaching and learning tools for law schools and law-related undergraduate programs in the United States and throughout the world. For nearly 50 years, Wolters Kluwer has earned a reputation as a producer of high quality, pedagogically rich, market-leading textbooks covering every discipline in law. WK Legal Education has in recent years established a strong track record as an innovator in the market, with new product models such as the Law School Simulation and the Connected Casebook helping law schools deliver outcome-oriented, personalized education to a new generation of law students.
Major longstanding product lines include:
- the Aspen Casebook Series (famously known amongst law faculty as the "red and black" casebooks), encompassing highly regarded textbooks in more than 80 disciplines, from large enrollment courses such as torts and contracts to emerging electives such as cyberlaw and environmental law;
- the Examples & Explanations and Emanuel Law Series, both highly popular collections of more than 80 readable but thorough study guides and study tools to help law students master complex subject matter;
- the Reference Book Series, including the Bouvier Law Dictionary; and
- the Aspen Undergraduate Series, including more than forty leading textbooks for law-related undergraduate and paralegal programs.
Major new product lines include
- the Law Simulation Series, a set of ten highly interactive, online modules designed to prepare paralegals and law students for the real-world demands of being a practicing attorney;
- PracticeTrack, a comprehensive online learning solution created to help law students develop real-world lawyering skills to improve employability and performance in practice; and
- a broad library of mobile apps, including the popular Law in a Flash exam prep toolkit.
In addition to its educational publications, Wolters Kluwer's Legal Education group partners with the law school community in a variety of ways. Whether through its community-driven Leading Edge conference, hosted in Riverwoods, Illinois, or its library of faculty-run blogs, WK facilitates dialogue and collaboration towards the collective goal of evolving legal education to better meet the needs of 21st century law students.
Wolters Kluwer Legal Education is headquartered in Waltham, MA.
Vice President & General Manager
Executive Director, Product Management
Executive Director of Sales
Director of Operations
Manager, Digital Group
Editorial Board Advisors
Boxer Family Professor of Law
New York University School of Law
Dean and Distinguished Professor of Law
University of California, Irvine, School of Laww
Richard A. Epstein
Laurence A. Tisch Professor of Law
New York University School of Law
Peter and Kirsten Bedford Senior Fellow
The Hoover Institution
Senior Lecturer in Law
The University of Chicago
Ronald J. Gilson
Charles J. Meyers Professor of Law and Business
Marc and Eva Stern Professor of Law and Business
Columbia Law School
James E. Krier
Earl Warren DeLano Professor of Law
The University of Michigan Law School
Richard K. Neumann, Jr.
Professor of Law
Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
Robert H. Sitkoff
John L. Gray Professor of Law
Harvard Law School
David Alan Sklansky
Professor of Law
Stanford Law School
About Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
Wolters Kluwer Law & Business is a leading global provider of intelligent information and digital solutions. We connect legal and business professionals, educators and law students with timely, specialized authoritative content and information-enabled solutions that support success through productivity, accuracy and mobility.
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer, a market-leading global information services company, serves professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance and healthcare. Customers rely on Wolters Kluwer's leading information enabled tools and solutions to manage their businesses efficiently, deliver results to their clients and succeed in an ever more dynamic world. Wolters Kluwer maintains operations in over 40 countries across Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and Latin America and employs approximately 19,300 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.